The Department of Family and Community Medicine plays a leading role in a full continuum of educational programs at UCSF.
- Our faculty ensures that every UCSF medical student is taught fundamental generalist clinical skills and patient-centered primary care.
- We emphasize preparation of culturally competent family physicians to meet the needs of underserved communities through a family practice residency training program at San Francisco General Hospital and three other affiliated family practice residencies in Northern California.
- We are training the next generation of academic leaders in family and community medicine through family medicine postdoctoral research and faculty development fellowships.
- We provide continuing medical education courses and other educational support to practicing physicians and health professionals.
- Click on this video to see how we are preparing health professionals for new practice models and engaging students and residents as active agents of health system improvement.