All students considering applying in family medicine are strongly encouraged to meet with a family medicine career advisor:
Dr. Vener is also the faculty contact to review and sign 4th year schedules.
For a family medicine confidential advisor, who is not involved in residency selection, please contact:
Financial Assistance Fund for UCSF Medical Students Matching at a UCSF Family Medicine Residency Program
The Dr. C.E. Wells Alumni Assistance Fund in Family and Community Medicine provides a number of scholarships each year for graduating UCSF medical students who have matched at a
UCSF Family Medicine Residency Program. To apply, applicants must demonstrate financial need. Scholarship recipients are selected by the Chair and the Award Selection Committee of the
Department of Family and Community Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco.
UCSF medical students matching in one of the following UCSF Family Medicine Residency Programs are eligible to apply:
- UCSF Fresno – Community Regional Medical Center
- Natividad Medical Center Family Medicine Residency, Salinas
- San Francisco General Hospital Family Medicine Residency
- Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency
- Contra Costa Regional Medical Center - Family Medicine Residency
- Kaiser Permanente Napa-Solano Family Medicine Residency
- John Muir Health Family Medicine Residency (beginning 2017)
If you have any questions or would like an application, please contact Roy Johnston.
These are some often asked questions about family medicine as a specialty.
Recommended resources including websites, books, professional groups and options for loan repayment and scholarships for students interested in learning more about this field.